Saturday, August 23, 2008

Diary of a Children's Pastor


So I noticed that I haven't talked about my ministry lately so I thought I would give you all an update. Last Sunday KidZone had a visit from Mrs. Fluffybutter, a nutty Sunday School Teacher from England! I had a ball dressing up and acting like Mrs. Doubtfire! The kids seemed to love it and they were fascinated with my blond, puffy, out-of-control wig. Hopefully the kids learned a thing or two and weren't too distracted with my funky costume! Our focus was showing the kids how important it is to read the Bible to know how to make the right choices in their life. God gives us wisdom if we read His Word. This week the kids will be visited by the looney, "Lenny the Lab Assistant" who will show the kids a cool science experiment! I can't wait! Our focus will be Amplifying the change God has made in us by being baptized. Baptism is "showing people on the outside what God has done on the inside". And don't forget our Church picnic and Baptism after church this Sunday! Stay tuned for more updates on KidZone!

No comments: