Sunday, August 17, 2008

Amazing Divers!


James and I are watching the women's final springboard diving event and it's crazy! I can't imagine climbing up on that springboard and jumping that high doing all those twists and turns, and then trying to go straight in the water without very much splash. I really admire those divers. The announcers were talking about one American diver who hit her head on the springboard quite a while ago but she is back at these olympics competing in the final. She had a broken jaw bone and several teeth had to be replaced! How do you get back up there after that? Amazing! All these athletes I've been watching over the past week have exceeded the expectations of the media and I'm just baffled at what they are capable of. These athletes train, train, train for years and this is basically the one shot they have at some kind of acknowledgment for all the hard work. I wish I had that much dedication to something in my life. I think there is a lot to learn from these athletes. In my own life, I enjoy getting noticed for something I have done and sometimes when I don't get noticed, I get a little upset. God doesn't want me to get caught up in that, he wants me to serve him NO MATTER WHAT. These athletes train so hard for this one chance at a gold and even if they don't get it, they keep training for the next Olmpics! They want that Gold! This is what they were born to do. I want my life goal to be this, that no matter what happens and no matter who notices I will serve God. My reward at the end is far better than a gold medal!

No comments: