Friday, August 29, 2008

Beautiful Morning

Now that the kids are back to school, I get an oppportunity to have morning quiet time. I loved hanging out with my kids when they were home, but it is nice to get back into a routine. I almost forgot how nice it is to just sit and listen to what God is saying to me. With my schedule, two kids, a dog, and a wonderful husband it is hard to find those moments of queitness. Yesterday morning I read about God's promises to David in 2 Samuel 7:25. With everything in this life so temporary, what a relief it is to know that God's promises are everlasting and permanent. And David didn't just stop there, he gave praise to God for the promises yet to come and for just being God. Just take a look in your Bible and you will find countless promises God has made to His children. Promises to love us, guide us, protect us, heal us, and reward us with eternal life. How many people on Earth can promise those things and keep those promises? None that I can think of. So, why do I put my trust in earthly things so many times? This passage was a great reminder to me to EVERY day put my trust in God because His promises are real and He is the one who will LOVE me through it all.

No comments: