Saturday, July 5, 2008

Can I live here mom?







Well, the Pinkerton family along with some of the other pastors went up to Quaker Haven Camp this past week for Pastor's Short Course. The first day we were there my daughter turned and asked me, "Mom, I want to live here! Can we live here?" Right from the start my kids were lovin' it. It was really beautiful there and not too hot. Most of our time was spent on the beach playing in the sand. At first Sid and Lucas didn't want to go to the kid sessions while the adult were in their session, but by the end of the camp they were begging to go. The big reason was all the neat kids they met and hung out with. Both Sid and Lucas made one really good friend and I was so proud of them. The parts I really enjoyed were relaxing, hanging out with Tammy and Shelby. and the sessions with Wes Davis and Doug Shoemaker. I was reminded to just be real with my kids at church and to really pay attention to how they percieve what I am trying to share with them. Perception makes a huge difference in the way kids try to understand. I'm going to focus more on this idea and hopefully my kids at church will start living out what they are learning. Overall, a wonderful, relaxing mini-vacation.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Glad you had a good time, Tonya!

Keym said...

You pictures make it look WAY cooler than it did when I was up there in the winter. I am glad you guys had fun

Tricia said...

Glad your wildflowers enjoyed camp!! Those are some of my most treasured memories...
Great pics too!!