Thursday, July 10, 2008

Deceptively Delicious


So, the other day I was watching Oprah (I know, I know, I only watch it when she does shows on food and gives out stuff!) She had Jessica Seinfield, Jerry Seinfield's wife, on the show and she was talking about her cookbook Deceptively Delicious. She hides vegtable puree in different foods becuase her kids are super picky. I had heard of this before and I was always like, "There is no way my kids would eat broccoli puree in brownies!" I kept watching and they took some of the food to an elementary class to see how well the kids liked it. They actually loved all the food! After that I kinda put it out of my head and then today I was at the Farmland Library Reading Bug program. I saw the cookbook displayed on the shelf so I decided to give it a try. Looking through it I found some yummy recipies that I think I will try the next couple weeks. You'll have to stay tuned to see if my kids go for the cauliflower puree in the scrambled eggs!

3 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

You are so brave! Hope it goes well! :) -Mindy

Shelby-Grace said...

Kris TiVoed this show for me the other day and I had read on Abby's blog that she has been trying some of the recipes. So I think will be checking the cookbook out after you're done with it! I'll be checking in to see how it goes!

Keym said...

I want to buy this cook book! Dawn has it and I might try to borrow it soon.