Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm a horrible mom!

First of all, while James and I were gone to Atlanta we got a call from my mom to say that Lucas came home sick. Well, as a mom you know when your kids are sick and your not home with them you feel like dirt. I wanted to run home and hug him and tell him it'll be okay, mommy's here. My mom said he was laying his head down on the desk at school so the teacher knew there was something wrong. There goes the knife in the heart! I will say that I'm so blessed that my mom was with him because I wouldn't want to have anyone else with my kids when they're sick. It helps that she's a nurse too! After we got back, he was running a fever and had a cough. With Lucas in the past he usually runs a fever for a couple of days and then he's fine. Not this time of course, he went five days with a fever! I know what you are saying, TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTOR! Well I did finally today and we found out that he has strep throat. Needless to say, I felt horrible. But, his throat was never sore so I never even thought about it. To all the parents out there, a sore throat isn't always a symptom of strep throat. Please learn from my mistake! Lucas is feeling better today, so this story has a happy ending. Thank you God!

7 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

So glad you go things figured out and I pray for MUCH improvement from here! Hang in there! -Mindy

Nathan said...

I'm glad Lucas is getting better! I had an experience over the weekend where my staff called me to tell me that one of my kids hit his head on a pole. I just laughed and thought he'd learn to be more careful, but today I found out he had to have 6 staples in his head without anestesia!!! I felt like such a jerk!

Cari said...

Hey, that is a hard call. I just found out the other day the same thing, that you don't always have a sore throat with strep throat. But if it makes you feel better...I have done something much worse than that. I tried to make my poor son walk on a broken leg, because I did not think it was broken...how awful of a mom is that?

Tricia said...

First off, you are not a horrible mother I am sure! Don't beat yourself up! Now you know for next time : )

Coby said...

You're not a bad mom! That's an unfair judgment! Just the fact that you felt like you needed to be there for Lucas proves to me that you're a great mom.

Tricia said...

I just wanted to tell you that I tagged you on my blog today (Tueday), if you would like to play.

Mommy pfohl said...

Ok, so you have been tagged on my blog as well! ha! I guess you are IT!!!