Saturday, January 12, 2008

My thoughts this morning

I was trying to figure out what to blog about and several ideas came to mind. My husband has been talking on his blog about the "Emergent Church" so I threw around that idea. So here goes. The part I just don't understand about the whole issue of loving people but tolerating them is this: Why can't Brian McClarin just say the homesexuality is a sin? It's right here in the Bible! "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanders nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God . . .the body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord." I think that God is VERY clear on living in sin. Our bodies are meant to be the Lords and when we fill it with sin of any kind, we become farther and farther away from God. It disturbs me that Brian McClarin isn't very clear. He loves people and that is awesome, but loving people also means being straight with them when they are doing something that doesn't glorify God. I think we need to pray for this church and for Brian that his eyes are open to the word.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2

3 comments:

Cari said...

I agree. And notice in the verse that mentions all kinds of sins, not just homosexuality. Too bad we have to spend so much time defending that fact that is a sin and not enough time on who our Savior is and how He can help us over come our sins.

Eric and Joy Pearcy said...

I will say Tonya, that I had never heard of this "movement" until I read James' post a couple of days ago. Crazy! Why can't people, especially "strong Christian leaders" speak up for what the Bible is VERY clear on?! He definitely needs our prayers because I am sure he is touching a lot of people. I miss you! Do you guys have any plans to be in SD anytime soon?

Tonya said...

Hey Joy, I love that you commented on my blog! How are you guys? We are good and we miss you guys too! We are trying to make a trip out there in the summer maybe. I'm not sure. Give a hug to Drew for me! I'm sure he is so big now.