Thursday, January 3, 2008

Arrrrrgh, Matey!


I've been working the last three weeks to try and rent out a movie theater so the families in the church could go and see the new Veggie Tale movie: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything! Today was the day I finalized everything. I'm so excited about this. I mean, how rare is it that a good, Christian film hits the theaters that's also kid-friendly? I really want our church to embrace this and support these film makers. I have rented out the Showplace 12 theater in Muncie on January 19 at 10:00 am. I hope all of you take advantage of this and bring your families. It's a great way to ask someone you know who doesn't have a personal relationship with Jesus to a church function. Ask your neighbors, friends, family, anyone you can think of. I will charge $2.50 a ticket for the first 100 people. After that, you can pay $5.50 at the door. Please sign-up in the Family Life Center this Sunday so I know about how many people are going to come. Next Sunday, we are having a Rootbeer and Cheese Curls party in honor of the Veggie Pirates during Big KidZone on Sat. night and Sun. morning. You won't want to miss it! I remember several years ago going to the theater to see the Jonah Veggie Tale movie and taking my whole family. After the movie was over, everyone stood up and cheered! I know this sounds a little much becuase it is only a movie, but what I really think people were clapping for was the fact that they just watched a movie that glorified God and was well done. It was such a neat feeling to know that probably everyone in that theater loved God. I know God works through these films and I hope our church can be a part of that.

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Great work Tonya - I'm looking forward to going to the movies with my church family.

God'sProp777 said...

I can't wait to see it with my kids! You know I heard that some youth workers got an early preview of the whole movie like a month ago. Hope your church family turns out; I'm sure they will. Way to go, Sis!