Sunday, January 13, 2008

Diary of a Children's Pastor #3


Well, I think the Pirate Party was a hit. It seemed to me that the kids were having a great time. I would have done a lot of things differently and I'm sure if you were there you would agree. That's the hard part about pulling an event off that you've never done before. The good thing is next time I know how many people to ask for help, what supplies I need, and how many tickets to get next time. I will say this, we sold out of tickets and had only a few people after that ask for tickets, so I came pretty close to what I anticipated. The few weeks before I was in constant prayer about this day and I know God was there. I even had one lady comment that she was surprised that all the kids weren't running around like crazy and that they were evenly dispersed among the games. I must say that I really wasn't surprised because I knew that was
God working. He is so good to me and it amazes me how he works around my failures. Thank you God! And a HUGE thank you to all who helped me today and last night. I think we worked really well as a team. You are AWESOME!

2 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

I was able to hear about it from an excited participant today. Miss Shelby came to Arby's and we talked about it. She was still all dressed in her stuff! =) Sorry we missed it... once the kids are old enough to understand the masks they are supposed to wear... you'll have the pfohls on the loose!

Shelby-Grace said...

Yes, Miss Shelby had a good time and I think all the other kids did too! Great job!