Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Farkel: not just a fun game anymore


So, I had to blog about my big butt whooping in Farkel against who else? My husband who NEVER LOSES A GAME EVER! I can't believe it! Why, why, why! Just to let you know how the game went, my first score was 1,950 points, pretty good. James only got 1,050. I was ahead like this the whole game, I was rolling straights, triple pairs, five-of-a-kinds! It was awesome! The last rolls of the game I ended with 10,900. You need 10,000 to win. James only had 8,300 and one roll left. Little did I know he was going to have the ROLL OF HIS LIFE! He got up to 9,400, then 10,600, and finally ended with 12,100. Are you kidding me? Just when I thought I would finally beat him at something, BAM! Farkel is not just a game anymore to me, it's a chance for redemption. Watch out James, I want a re-match.

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Play him in darts - he really sucks at that ;-)

Sorry about the whooping you received... I can just hear James now, "No one can touch me... I'm the Farkel king... yada yada..."

p.s. Have James bring Farkel to work tomorrow I'd like to see his "mad skills".

Anonymous said...

After my wife introduced me to Farkel I simply got addicted to it.

So much so that I wrote my own version for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch.

http://ifarkle.com/

If you ever stop by and give it a try, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!