Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bad Attitude


I'm in one of those bad attitude moods about the weather. It's too stinking cold to do anything! I awoke this morning with my daughter trying to tell me there were pretty ice swirls on the inside of her window in her bedroom and that I needed to come look! All I'm thinking at this point is "the inside?". Since the freakishly cold weather, I have seen just how badly our house needs to be winterized. I can't start my washer tonight becuase the pipes are frozen, so that just adds to my bad mood. Here I am having the worst attitude and my daughter sees the beauty in the cold. As I was leaving the church the other day when it was snowing, someone said, "What a beautiful day!" I was like, "What?" She was trying to see the beauty in the snow and here I am having a horrible attitude. I think God is trying to teach me that even in the bleakest cold, His beauty is shone to those who will look for it. I am going to try and look for it even though I really am tired of the cold. I know God will not let me down. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a better attitude and I will be able to write about the beauty he is going to show me. Here is an awesome picture of winter that I found on the internet that I thought was really spectacular! I hope you enjoy it! I think my attitude is improving already!

5 comments:

Cari said...

Winter can be really rough on people. My hubby hates winter here, he gets really tired of the cold days and not to mention the lack of sunny days. I know winter makes me just want to stay inside and bake...lol.

Derek Chalfant said...

I for one am a little different from the norm because I dig winter, the snow, the cold, the grey days. The only thing I don't like is when the snow gets dirty after a few days with all the salt and mud. But I also like the other 3 seasons as well. Just remember when you start getting that attitude just think of those who are living on the streets or homeless during these times and how blessed we are.

Tonya said...

We are very blessed, I have a house, I have a warm bed, and my house is heated. I know I shouldn't complain. Thank you for reminding me of my blessings!

Tricia said...

I am with you in the bad attitude department!! I am sick of being cooped up with 2 toddlers in this house!! I am very much looking forward to spring!! Hang in there girl!! Wish I could share a cup of java with you : )

Tucker said...

TJ,
Just wanted you to know that I love the cold winter weather. Don't you remember those wonderful windy, snowy, cold winter days in Western Kansas? I really miss that.
Of course I have spent the past 6 winters traveling in the south part of our country. By the way it was 72 degrees and sunny today.
Dad