Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Diary of a Children's Pastor Entry #2


As Christmas approaches soon, I am reminded of just how blessed we are this year. If anyone listens to 98.9 Joy FM you know what I'm talking about. Every day they have a story about a family in need and people call in to say they will buy whatever they need. My heart is touched over and over again as I hear the radio announcer say that all the families needs have been met becuase someone decided to call in. It's so easy to get caught up in the Christmas season of getting, getting, getting, and getting more. I have found myself wanting all kinds of things as I walk through the stores. I'm so thankful that my God reminds me at these times that my family has EVERYTHING we need. We are in want of nothing. My son and daughter are healthy, they have clothes, shoes, coats, food to eat, and a bed to sleep in. My husband is healthy and he has a wonderful job. I am healthy and I have a wonderful job. God prompted me to call in on Monday to provide two pairs of pants and snowboots for a little seven-year-old boy. The radio announcer was talking about this family of five and how their twelve-year-old daughter has cancer in her legs. The doctors took out 9 inches of her femur and put in a metal plate. She was doing good and just a couple weeks ago they found out that the cancer has spread to her lungs. The family is struggling becuase the mom can't work and the kids need winter clothes. Such a heart breaking story but the story is not over, the family is reaching out to God for strength and hope. God has provided for them through different people in the community. What a comfort to know that our Heavenly Father is taking care of this family. This is what Christmas is all about: giving, sacrificing, and loving others. Please reach out to someone this year and give, no matter how big or small. Your heart will overflow with thankfullness. I know mine did!

1 comment:

Mommy pfohl said...

That's awesome to hear that station is doing that... I seldom listen to the radio in the van... it's either my quiet time because the kids are passed out... or a worship CD... What an awesome way to help people! Night!