Sunday, August 26, 2007

Just a little pick-me-up

Today God helped me do my first children's sermon. I felt good about it but I knew that I could have done better. It was neat to see all the kids' faces looking up at me eyes wide open ready for the next thing. God was with me and I felt that. The greatest encouragement I got was from Bob Chalfant. He came up and gave me a hug and said "It was really great seeing you up there, you did a good job". I almost just started crying because it reminded me of my dad, he was so sincere and loving. God knows just when I need a little encouragement, he never fails to give it to me at the exact time I am doubting myself. What a wonderful creator that loves us and cares about the little things.

4 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

You did a great job yesterday with the children's sermon!!! When would you like to do another one?

Anonymous said...

Tonya I am proud of you for starting a blog and I want you to know that I am TOTALLY ADDICTED to Facebook as well. I check it at least 3 times a day and I can't get enough of the applications and poke, super poke stuff

I really like what you wrote about your first childrens sermon and the connection with your dad. Keep writing and I will be reading.

I am attaching a link on my blog to your site and James'. Mine is www.soulrevolution1.blogspot.com

talk to you later my friend!
Matt

Mommy pfohl said...

Hey, I was watching from the wonderful world wide web and you did awesome! Abby and I were on the edge of our seats! Thank you for the love you have for children! That takes an incredibly special person! That you are one too!

Missy said...

I love your blog site!!! And can totally relate to the tear filled eyes as I'm suddenly faced with the "letting go" process. God gives us these wonderful, tiny, incredible people (our children), to love, nuture, teach...and inevitibly (sp?) let go of. We shelter them and try to protect them, knowing deep down we want them to experience broken-ness and pain...because it is in those times that they will grow and lean on the Lord the most!
Who knew parenthood came with so many attachments!!!
Love and miss you all! Its great to hear how God is using you