Monday, August 24, 2009

37 days

Yes, it's been 37 days since I last blogged. Mostly because I didn't have time, but my life is a little more manageable now. So, what to blog about. Well, I'll catch you up to what's been going on in the Pinkerton world. My kids said goodbye to summer today and started their first day of 2nd grade and 4th grade. My daughter was very excited to get her own locker this year. It will be interesting to see how she handles this responsibility. I've been talking to her about taking on more responsibility around the house and taking care of her room. I think she's going to mature quite a bit this year, it will be neat to see. Lately I've been kinda sad to say goodbye to the days when my two older kids and I used to hang out, play games, make cookies, go to the Library,make crafts. This doesn't happen as much anymore, the kids like to hang out with their friends which is great just a little sad for mom. I'm very blessed, though, to have another kid who will love to do those things with mom someday. My older son who is not a big fan of school said he had an awesome day. I think it's because his teacher is really nice and easy going. I really hope and pray he has a non-stressful year not like last year. James is coaching volleyball now and he had his first home game tonight. They beat Blue River in three games. The kids and I got to watch one game. He's got a great team and I think they will go far this year. Of course it takes a great coach to get them there! I am still working from home and will try to go into the office on Wednesdays when James can watch Will. I'm ready to have some uninterrupted time to work on some projects for the kid's ministry. Life is good for the Pinkertons and we thank God for that. I hope my next blog won't be 37 days in the making.

2 comments:

Keym said...

Yes my friend don't wait 37 days

Anonymous said...

hi tonya, i am so glad blog spot is back i missed it since i cant seem to get facebook to work. i miss all of you very much and it was go good to read how God is blessing you. all my love , mom