Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Life without Pink

I've survived two and a half days without Pink and it's gone pretty good. He is in Ireland with CSI ministries until Saturday. I was a little concerned because I've never had all three of my kids by myself for that long. So far, my older kids have helped out BIG time. We enjoyed the wonderful warm day and even had a picnic. It was a little windy but I'm not complaining, I'm just grateful the sun was out! After our picnic we took a walk around our block and talked with our neighbors. One of them asked me if I've been hibernating! That's not far from the truth. I used to take walks almost every day when the weather was nice. But you know, below freezing temperatures and a new little baby will keep you indoors every time! I was so happy to get out with the sun on my back and the wind in my hair. I forgot how much I enjoy those two things. I've been using sunless tanning lotion just so I wouldn't look so pastey, but maybe I won't have to for long! Hopefully, the last part of my week without Pink will be as good as the first even though I'm really missing him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep walking and keep praying it will help you through the day. I wish i could be there and we could walk and shop. I miss you , love and prayers, mom.

Sue said...

Tonya,
You, Sidney, Lucas and Will have been in my thoughts and prayers, along with Tammy and Shelby.

God Bless!

Tricia said...

Gotta love that sunless tanning stuff!! I hate the pasty look too! Sounds like you have it under control in a Pinkless house : ) He will be home before you know it! Hang ih there!