Saturday, October 11, 2008

Reflections this morning

I'm sitting here sipping my yummy Christmas Blend Starbucks with Mocha Almond Fudge creamer and I'm reflecting on the fun night I had with Tammy and the little one. We decided to make some crafts and baked goods to sell at the Fridays in Farmland Farmer's Market. I really enjoyed baking all day Friday, it helps me de-stress. I know that sounds crazy but I really enjoy it! I made an apple pie, peanut brittle, and some surprise bundles. What are suprise bundles you ask? They are almond flavored cupcakes with a hershey kiss inside and frosting on top. This is one of my favorite recipies that my mother-in-law makes. The peanut brittle I made in the microwave if you can believe it and it is sooooooo good. This is my mom's favorite recipe during the holidays. Tammy made some carmel popcorn (which everyone raves about!), monster cookies, apple crisp and some really neat drink coasters that she made by hand. We had quite a good spread of goodies on our table. It was really neat to see dowtown Farmland come alive with all kinds of booths, people walking, and all the businesses open. We didn't get as much business as we wanted but during the last hour Tammy sold out of her carmel popcorn (some guy bought like 4 bags!) and I only had one bag of peanut brittle left. I think the best part was just hanging out with Tammy and talking to all the people that came by. I even got to plug our Fall Festivall for the church! Sidney and the little one handed out fliers for me to everyone they saw walking by. It amazes me how much kids are not afraid to go right up to people and talk to them, especially my daughter. She has always been like this and I admire her for it. She has even made me come out of my shell more! Who would of thought an eight year old could help a thirty-two year old be more outgoing? She's amazing and I hope she never changes that part of her personality. All in all we had a great time and even earned a little extra money! Emphasis on the word "little"!

2 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Hi Tonya :) (The little one typed that for you by herself!) We had a great time too! Thanks for asking us to do the sale with you!

Tricia said...

i am jealous....that sounds like so much fun hangin with you girls!!glad you had a great time!