Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Big Event!






Sidney asked for a Hannah Montana makeover in her room and a slumber party for her birthday. So, I went shopping and decked out her room and we invited four friends over to stay the night. Wow! I didn't realize what I was getting into! Only two girls decided to stay and later I was very thankful. Three nine-year-old girls can get very rowdy and I realized that an odd number of girls at a sleepover leads to hurt feelings. For some reason I don't remember being that emotional when I was nine, but I probably was. I need to ask my mom sometime. Anyway the important thing was that Sidney had a great time and overall it was a sucess. I can't believe my little girl is nine! She is almost to the double digits and she is going to have a new baby brother really soon! The other night I picked up Cinderella as our bedtime story and it was so sureal to hear her read it to me because when she was three I read that to her every night before bed. Now, here she is reading it to me with the same voices I used to use! I am thankful that I get to have another child to experience those special moments with.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! They grow up so fast:(

brenda c said...

I'm pretty sure all us girls were moody and emotional at that age and every age following! It's just a girl thing and you will figure it out mom.
I remember my girls slumber parties I was mom to more than 2 for years!! Now somehow I am grandma to more than my own!!

Tricia said...

what a good mom you are!!! Madison is 3 going on 9! It is going by so quickly! Glad she had a great birthday!!

Keym said...

Wow Sid that bead spread is AWESOME! Sorry we missed your birthday but we have to go see HSM3 together soon!