Monday, November 26, 2007

Turkey, Football, Family, and Beefstick




That pretty much sums up my Thanksgiving in four words! I ate way too much food (especially mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes), watched more football in three days than I have my whole life, had a great time with my dad, and listened to my son say every two minutes, "Hey dad, I want some beefstick!" My dad came up from Branson, Missouri to spend Thanksgiving with us. My kids especially were excited because Grandpa is like their human jungle gym. It was really nice to spend more than a day with my dad which is what we usually do. We showed him around Muncie, went to Johnny Carrinos, and had his favorite dish, Italian Nachos! If you haven't had this flavorful treat for your tastebuds you are missing out! Soooooo good! A few things my dad really liked: Main Street Coffee, football, homemade chips at the Chocolate Moose, football, the movie Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, football, throwing my kids on the love sack, eating beefstick, and yet more football. If you don't know what the love sack is, just picture the biggest bean bag you have ever seen, double that, and put memory foam inside. Oh yes, it's comfy. One thing I do need to say, "What happened to KU!!" I was so pumped to watch the game and they just couldn't pull out their best stuff. Frustrating! I've been a KU fan ever since I can remember, mostly their basketball team. This year, though, their football program came out of nowhere! It was awesome! So, as you can see my weekend was full of football, food, family, and don't forget about the beefstick! What could be better! Maybe a little less football next time and if I see another beefstick I think I'm going to puke!

2 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Glad you guys had a good thanksgiving! As for the love sack...s ounds similar to what Joey and Abby have at their rehab center and they love it! The PT has offered a time or two for me to jump in, but I haven't been brave enough! I'm afriad i would not get out!

Tucker said...

Thanks for the wonderful time. It was great to be with you and James, and the kids. I wish I had some beefstick!!!!!!