Friday, November 13, 2009

The Power of Creativity

This is long overdue. I promised to write about creativity in ministry a while back and I was reminded of this when I went back to read my old posts. Ha! Sometimes I wish I was a super hero who had the power to remember everything I'm supposed to remember at exactly the right times! Back to creativity. Our church had some creative minds working this last Sunday for Operation Christmas Child. We wanted to do something different as a whole church that would make a big impact for Operation Christmas Child. My team and I decided to have the whole church pack shoe boxes this year. The creative part was trying to figure out how 400 people could pack shoe boxes at the same time. We decided to set up tables out in the hallways of the Children's Ministry and let people walk from table to table putting items in their shoe box. It worked really well! I think everyone had so much fun, especially the kids. One sweet girl came up to me and said, "I've packed 7 boxes and I'm going to pack another one!" I LOVE to see the kids in our church get excited about helping others. What a great Sunday and what great, loving people we have in our church. Thank you to everyone! We packed over 220 boxes this year!

1 comment:

ericandcasey said...

Tonya it was a great idea! Eric and I were glad to be able to be a part of it! Thanks for the ministry opportunity!