Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Six Blessings

I just wanted to reflect tonight on the six blessings God has given me. First, is my mom who has been there for every important event in my life and has been a huge supporter in everything I do. She has allowed me to rest and concentrate on Will while she cleans, plays with my kids, and cooks meals for all of us, and is a good friend when I need to talk. I am very spoiled! My next blessing is my husband who has gone way above and beyond to help me with all the things I can't do right now. He is such a wonderful father with Sidney and Lucas and it's really neat to see him bond with Will. My next three blessings are of course my kids. Sidney is such a little mama to Will and I've been so impressed with how grown-up she is now. She doesn't even mind holding Will when he's crying! Lucas just loves on Will, always wanting to hold him and give him a kiss on his head. And my precious new son, Will, who is doing so well. He's sleeping at night pretty well and is content most of the time, except when he's hungry of course! My heart's overflowing with gratitude to my heavenly Father who has given me all these blessings. I know that in the days ahead I will have challenges, but it's given me hope that God will be there through everything. The sixth blessing is our friends that have given us gifts, meals, and prayers. We are blown away at all the wonderful people at Farmland Friends who love on us and are ready to help whenever we need it. Thank you everyone.

5 comments:

Nathan said...

I actually teared up just a bit when reading what you wrote about your family. Very beautiful.

Sue said...

Glad you, Will and your whole family are doing well and adjusting!

When I read your post, I honestly went back in time...way back...to when Lauren was a baby. I could almost feel what it felt like to be a new mommy.

Take care, and again, don't overdue. Sounds like your family won't let that happen!

Dana Deffendall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana Deffendall said...

Wow, you've got it made. I'd have five more kids if I had that much help. Children are a blessing! When you have more than two kids, you will start to struggle, which is why they are a blessing. Children are the only thing in this world that teach us to die to ourselves. So if you start to struggle financially, emotionally, physically, Praise the LORD, you need HIM!

Anonymous said...

thank you for the kind words. i miss all of you very much. it was so nice to be needed and to be useful as we welcomed into this world our lillte Will. God is so good and answered so many prayers for us at that time. I love him so much. love and prayers, mom