Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fall is here and I'm happy


The leaves falling, wearing sweaters, finally putting on socks for the first time since last winter, the smell of wood burning, the beautiful sunsets, that Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner, the bright orange and red colors coming alive everywhere you look, drinking hot apple cider, turning my oven on and baking again, and pumpkins sitting on people's doorsteps are just some of my favorite things about Fall. What are some of your favorite things?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel the same way, this is one of my favorite times of the year also. i love the fall flowers that bloom like the mums that are purpls , yellow and red. i love the crisp mornings and wearing long sleeves again. and that my new grand son will be born soon this fall. love, mom

Kelly said...

All those things and something that my family is getting ready to do this weekend...Barclay Sale, Haviland Play Day, a Barclay soccer game, the Alum game and of course, some deer hunting! I know it sounds crazy but I love hearing the stories and seeing the pictures when the "boys" get home!

Nathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathan said...

Hmm . . . so many things! Butternut squash baked with brown sugar and butter, the smell of the leaves, all the fall colors, the cool weather, jackets, sweaters, jeans. Halloween costumes and treats. Family-friendly spooky movies (fall is the only time these are available. The rest of the year scary movies are trash!). Red-hots, peanuts, and candy corn in a jar together (so good!). Apple cider, campfires . . .

The list just goes on ;o)

God'sProp777 said...

I like going outside with longsleeves and shorts. Hoodies are my favorite. Coaching a soccer game in perfect fall weather. It's hard to beat that.