Monday, September 8, 2008

Diary of a Children's Pastor


I'm so excited to finally see everyone back at church now that summer is over! I had 61 kids this last Sunday! Yeah! I love it, the more kids, the better. With the program we are running right now, it works best with 50+ kids. The more kids we have, the more energy and enthusiasm we have. Here's a link to the video the kids are experiencing right now: http://www.kidmo.com/shop/clip.aspx?series=kidmo&productid=10115
The focus this last Sunday was asking God to help us with our bad habits. Not just the habits of picking your nose, or biting your finger nails, but the habits of little white lies, disobeying parents, hitting your sister, or always thinking of yourself. It made me look at my life and figure out which habits I have that I need to ask God to break. This is what I figured out. I have the habit of getting impatient with my kids when something in my day doesn't go right. I have the habit of getting a negative attitude when people don't do what I think they should do. I have the habit of spending money I don't need to spend just to spend money. I could go on and on. So, I am asking God to help me with these areas in my life. I'm looking for a change and I think this is a great way to start. I'm tired of the old way I do things, I want Christ to be seen in EVERYthing I do. What about you, what kind of bad habits do you have that you want God to break?

4 comments:

Keym said...

I have lots of bad habits I need to ask God to change.
Negative thoughts
Money
Health
Time Management
etc.etc.etc.......

Sue said...

Tonya,
One of the things I really enjoyed about helping out in Big Kids Zone was that every lesson taught to the kids taught me something as well. (and always in a very unique way...remember, "Bring it on!").

If I had been in class last Sunday, I am sure SEVERAL bad habits would have jumped into my mind! The first one would have to be that I am "quick to anger". How about the bad habit of worrying. (Actually, that is a sin, not a bad habit). Would bad time management count? That seems to be a major problem these days...

There are so many...I just wanted you to know that the times I saw the Kidmo videos, I always got something good out of them.

You do an awesome job with all those kids, Tonya! You are in my thoughts and prayers more than you know...

Kate said...

My top ones are getting grouchy when I don't get my way and spending money.

Tonya said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets grouchy when I don't get my way! I can relate! Thanks Kate.